Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sweet Sunday

Hellloooo! Hope you all are enjoying your weekend. Last night I fell asleep listening to the rain pattering on the roof and the wind howling.To put it plainly - it poured buckets. This morning - very windy, and the sun was out but has now been hidden by clouds. My poor pansies are wondering where it went too...


My daughter and I hung easter eggs on the cherry tree out front this morning

Please excuse the splotchy looking grass lol We have Zoya grass - so for the fall through winter to early spring it's the color of dry straw. But once the spring and summer are here - lush green. :)

I am planning to spend about an hour or so treasure hunting this afternoon and then knit some more on the Tea Leaves cardigan. My goal is to wear this on Easter....my fingers are flying! lol I'm now just past the sleeves.


I spent about 2 hours knitting on it last night while catching up on some podcast listening. I'm hoping to get in at least a few hours today after dinner.

And my most recent order from Eat Sleep Knit arrived! A yummy skein of Madelinetosh Sock in Amber Trinket.



Planning to cast on socks for my mom's birthday coming up in May - she absolutely adores anything amber which is why i chose it. I was going to go with a pretty mint green for spring but knew she'd like this better.

In other news, my hubby Kevin and I are planning to have some friends over tonight for the premiere of A Game of Thrones. Have I mentioned how utterly excited I am? lol I read every one of the books cover to cover and couldn't put them down. I'm very curious to see how the miniseries portrays the story.

I even made a treasury :)



The birthday bash 34% off sale is still on now through April 30th, so please take a peek in the shop. As always, shipping is free :)
I've also decided to add a new feature to the blog to be able to show you my favorite shops and items. No matter how hard I try my favorites list on Etsy multiplies daily. lol So, I've decided to share the love and include a favorite of mine each post. Sound good? of course. :)

First up, Flapperdoodle!

Being the lover of all things vintage that I am, I ADORE this shop!

AND these dolls!


You absolutely MUST visit Flapperdoodle and see everything for yourself!

I wish you all a happy Sunday afternoon! I will leave you with The Boswell Sisters for your listening enjoyment :)



~ Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Wow, busy busy Sunday! Hope you're having a good week!

    Happy Wednesday night!


    Grace

    ReplyDelete