Monday, May 2, 2011

CT Sheep & Wool Festival

Whew! What a busy weekend - but so much fun! Weather was sunny & gorgeous for the CT Sheep & Wool Festival in Vernon, CT on Saturday.

This was my first trip to this festival but certainly not my last. I had a wonderful time. The yarn, the people, the sheep, the llamas, the alpacas, music - one of those days that you wish would linger just a little longer....


My daughter was fascinated with lace making and the wonderful women at the tent gave her a little lesson...

The animals were so sweet....


a perfect spot....


we watched the sheep dog trials for a bit...


and then, my favorite part - the shopping :)
I absolutely loved the needle felted gnomes and mushrooms

and yarn, yarn everywhere



My haul for the day was not as huge as I anticipated -only because I still have sooo much in my stash still to knit. I could not resist the Mocha's Fiber Designs in Antique Lavender

and I bought my very first spindle and roving! I am beginning to learn how to spin - more on that in my next post lol.


It was a lovely day :)


Saturday evening we were back at the field for my son's baseball game. Unfortunately, we lost 9-4 but there's always next game :)


My needles have been clicking and I've finished my friend's socks. Great pattern - actually, my favorite go-to pattern for socks - from GlennaC.


and I've cast on for my mom's birthday socks in Madelinetosh Sock...


In shop news...new items have been added, including this lovely blue vase, a trio of hobnail milk glass and the novel Dragonwyck. Be sure to take a peek in the shop :)


One of my favorite shops at Etsy is FiberStory. Her yarns and rovings are absolutely gorgeous! Make sure to visit!

Happy Monday to you all! Have a wonderful week!

~Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment